Printed on February 12, 2021
If anybody in your family had a Market plan in 2020, you need to have acquired Type 1095-A, Well being Insurance coverage Market® Assertion, by mail from the Market (not the IRS). After confirming that it’s correct, make sure you retailer it with essential tax info, like W-2 kinds and different information, in an effort to simply discover it while you’re able to file.
Methods to discover Type 1095-A on-line
If it didn’t arrive within the mail or you’ll be able to’t discover it, test your HealthCare.gov account by following these steps:
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Beneath “Your Present Purposes,” choose your 2020 utility — not your 2021 utility.
- Choose “Tax Varieties” from the menu on the left.
- Obtain all 1095-As proven on the display screen.
What to do with Type 1095-A
- You’ll be able to’t file your federal taxes with out Type 1095-A. You’ll want it to “reconcile” — discover out if there’s any distinction between the premium tax credit score you utilized in 2020 and the quantity you qualify for.
- Earlier than you do something, test to verify it’s proper.
- For those who already filed with an incorrect type, it’s possible you’ll have to file an amended tax return utilizing the knowledge in your corrected 1095-A.